Wondering if there is a program or event cancellation?
1. Look for an alert like this at the top of the page:
There are 3 ways to find the status of a program or event:
If an event, program, or facility is cancelled/closed due to weather, an alert will be posted at the top of the website on all pages. If no alert is visible, all is on as scheduled.
2. Call the below hotlines.
- The Recreation weather hotline is 248.689.9756. (If you are on a team, please call your team manager for specific updates.)
- The Troy Family Aquatic Center Hotline is 248.524.3518.
Receive text message or email alerts by signing up here.
- Rec Weather Alerts are for all recreation, Fitness Center, and Community Center weather alerts.
- TFAC Alerts are for all weather, capacity, and other Troy Family Aquatic Center alerts.
- Rec Alerts are for all other recreation announcements.
Weekday Evening Programs
The Recreation Department will make decisions on the status of games/programs up to 4:30 pm (3:30 pm for tennis classes). If the game/program is not canceled by that time, please report to the site. If in doubt at any time, please show up to the site. If the Oakland County tornado siren sounds signifying a tornado warning, all games/programs will automatically cease.
Weekday day and Weekend Programs at Troy Family Aquatic Center
The Parks and Recreation Department will make decisions on the status of games/programs up to 30 minutes prior to game/program beginning. If the game/program is not canceled by that time, please report to the site. If in doubt at any time, please show up to the site. If the Oakland County tornado siren sounds signifying a tornado warning, all games/programs will automatically cease.
The following is the Troy Recreation Department Weather Policy for snow, frigid temperatures, road conditions, etc:
When Troy Schools are closed due to inclement weather, all programs and leagues held at school facilities are canceled for the entire day:
- Programs held at the Community Center starting before 12 pm are canceled. (The exception is senior trips or drop-in programs should check the website/hotline for an update).
- Determination on programs held at the Community Center after 12 pm will be updated on the weather hotline and website after 10:30 am. A decision is made at 2:30 for evening programs.
- For programs held at private facilities: contact the facility directly.
- For weekend programs: call the weather hotline or visit the website after 7:45 am.
Classes canceled due to inclement weather are rescheduled at the instructor's discretion.