Fun activities for you and your family to enjoy!
Troy Recreation has compiled a list of some wonderful, diverse ideas that will spark creativity, promote mental health, and keep your physical fitness in top shape.
- DIY Bookmark: Don't want to fold your pages but need something to mark them? Try this DIY bookmark.
- Creative Bug: Offers thousands of high-quality art and craft video workshops.
- Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups: A quick, healthy, and fruity snack.
- Homemade Scrabble: Traditional board games can be made at home – even Scrabble!
- World Art Day: April 15 is World Art Day, but you can explore art all days of the week. Take a Louvre tour.
- Coffee Filter Butterfly: Do more with coffee filters – make butterflies out of them.
- Welcome Sign: A little porch art can make the front of your home look warm and welcome.
- Homemade Watering Can: Can't find your watering can from last spring? Make your own!
- DIY Book Cover: Is your notepad, sketchbook or diary too plain? Personalize it and create your own cover.
- Bubble Blowing Recipe: Learn how to make your own bubble solution. No one gets sick of bubbles.
- Kindness Rocks: Spread a little kindness with a rock, some paint, and a simple message.
- Handprint Sunflower: Need some bright and cheery art in your home? Handpaint a sunflower!
- May Fourth: May the 4th be with you. Explore all kinds of Star Wars crafts and how to make them.
- Nature Collage: Collages can be beautiful works of art. Try creating one with elements of the earth.
- Journey Stick: All explorers should have their very own persoanlized journey stick.
- Popsicle Stick Turtle: Don't throw that popsicle stick away – repurpose it and make a popsicle stick turtle.
- DSO Replay: Detroit Symphony Orchestra can be listened to right on the comfort of your own couch.
- Wood Slice Coasters: Make a wood slice coaster that is environmental friendly and add some artistic flair.
Explore Fitness and Mental Wellness:
- Chalk Obstacle Course: It's obstacle time – grab some chalk and make up the greatest obstacle course of all time.
- Workouts With Your Kids: Who said the kids can't workout with you?
- Treasure Hunt: Hide the gold, find the gold! Create a fun and challenging treasure hunt.
- Kids Yoga: Yoga isn't only for adults – now kids can enjoy it too.
- 85+ Hunts and Activities: A never ending list of fun hunts and great activities.
- Nature Scavenger Hunt: Get some fresh air – explore the outdoors and collect natural elements of the earth.
- TV Workouts: Now you can binge watch Netflix and get some physical fitness in – you can stop feeling guilty now.
- Card Deck Workout: A fun way to get a workout in – all you need is a deck of cards.
- P.E. With Joe: Make exercising fun for your kids with these fun P.E. videos with Joe!
- Cooking Workout: Hit two birds with one stone – bake cookies and do your crunches.
- MI Live Cams: With MI Live Cams, you can now explore MI without the need to leave the comofort of your home.
- Wildlife Garden: Find out how to make a wildlife garden and how to get it certified.
- Family Games with Playworks: Explore fun games to play with the family.