Join the Recreation Team!Benefits of working for Troy Recreation
- Competitive wages
- Flexible schedule
- 50% off fitness membership
- Team environment
Click the link to apply online for the specific position or download the part-time job application below for other positions.
- ASSISTANT POOL MANAGER - Starting $16/hour. Assist with daily operations of the aquatic facility including scheduling, supervising, disciplining and evaluating staff. Assist manager with planning, developing, and conducting staff meetings/in service trainings. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- RECREATION COORDINATOR - Starting $16/hour. Setup and clean rooms for use, perform touch-up cleanings of locker rooms and the building as needed. Maintain a clean and safe environment for the public. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- RECREATION AIDE - Starting $11/hour. Performs day-to-day operations including supervision of activities in the fitness rooms, gymnasium and activity desk. Applicants, 16 years and older, must enjoy working with people, have the ability to multi-task and good computer skills. Work schedules are flexible and include early morning, evening and weekend shifts.
- LIFEGUARDS - Starting $14/hour. At Troy Community Center, prefer Red Cross Lifeguarding certification. Position works 5–20 hours/week, between the hours of 5:30 am–10 pm, including weekends and select holidays. Must be 15 years and older to apply. In need of morning & mid-day shifts. We will cover the cost of training for those who are uncertified.
- BIRTHDAY PARTY LEADER - $10–$12/hour. This is a weekend only position. Applicants should be energetic and enjoy working with children ages 3 and older. Good communication and organization skills are a must. These leaders will be in charge or organizing and leading sports games and coordinating activities with our themed birthday parties. Must be 16 years or older.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT - $10–$11.50/hour. Provide information to the public about all City of Troy Recreation Programs, process Community Center pass/membership applications, ensure a safe environment to our patrons, and other desk duties.
- SWIMMING INSTRUCTOR - $12/hour. At Troy Community Center, instructs all ages in swimming skills. Applicants, 16 years and older, must enjoy working with young children. Hours are flexible and include day, evening and weekend shifts. Prefer instruction experience. Applications accepted now.
- FITNESS INSTRUCTOR – Fitness certification required. Contractor Position starting at $25/class.
- PRESCHOOL INSTRUCTOR - $14.50–$16/hour. This position works as the Lead Preschool Instructor at the Rainbow Preschool located inside the Troy Community Center. Preschool Instructors develop the social and communication skills of children and provide a safe and secure environment in which the child can learn. They build and maintain relationships with parents/guardians to further support the students.
- BABYSITTER - $9.75-$12/hour. Part-time babysitters for Kids Korner childcare. Care for children ages 2 months to 9 years. Attend to child's basic needs and assure a healthy, safe, and clean environment. Must be 16 years old.
- BASKETBALL LEAGUE COORDINATOR: $14–$15/hour, must be 18 years or older.
- YOUTH BASKETBALL LEAGUE SCOREKEEPER/OFFICIAL: $11/hour, must be 14 years or older.
Recreation Part-Time/Temporary Employment Application