Click to expand the different topics of available programming. Registration dates and information are noted for each program below.
As we plan more and more programs this summer, they will be added to this page. So please check back often and let us know if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Sports Training with National Academy of Athletics
FEE: $48 per camp for residents and non-residents
Your child will participate in a 5-DAY SPORTS CAMP in the comforts of your own home. The drills and skills can all be completed in small spaces with minimal or no equipment. This innovative and engaging program is presented in an enthusiastic, engaging and positive manner. Learn from these college and ex-professional athletes & coaches. Each day your child will experience: Warm Up, 3 Skills & Drills Sessions and Wrap Up.
- Martial Arts
How to Register:
- Go to virtualsportscamps.com
- Choose your sport
- Register online
- Play hard, have fun!
June 3: New Mama Hour
Wednesday, June 3 | 11 am | FREE
Topic: Favorite TV Show. Social hour for new moms to relax and relate. Log in to this virtual village where venting is always allowed and advice is always on deck (but only if you want it!). Escape your life for a hot minute (or 60) and have some time for yourself. Geared towards first time moms of infants, but all parents welcome. Babies welcome. Limited space. We will test it out. If it goes well we will do more.
Sign up now. A private meeting login will be emailed to attendees.
June 4: 50+ Virtual Coffee Hour
Thursday, June 4 | 11 am | FREE
Topic: Favorite thing about springtime in Michigan Troy Recreation invites you to a virtual coffee hour. Pour yourself a coffee or tea, and let’s explore this week's topic. Sign up below, and we will email you the access details for the video conferencing meeting. There will also be an option to call in.
Sign up here
June 11: 50+ Game Social
Troy Recreation is taking traditional games online! Games are a great way to relieve anxiety, share a few belly laughs, and get your competitive drive going. Sign up below, and we will email you the access details for the video conferencing meeting the day before each event. There will also be an option to call in.
Thursday, June 11 at 3 pm - Game: Scattergories
Thursday, June 18 at 3 pm - Game: Trivia
Thursday, June 25 at 3 pm - Game: Scavenger Hunt
Sign up for any (or all) of the above game socials here.
June 12: 50+ Appy Hour
Join Troy Recreation for Appy Hour, where we'll make a tasty, easy appetizer perfect for snacking with extra time for chatting! Make sure you have the ingredients on hand for the week's recipe. For questions about substitutions, email email@example.com. Sign up below, and we will email you the access details for the video conferencing meeting the day before each event. There will also be an option to call in.
- Friday, June 12 at 4 pm- PARTY DIP Ingredients: sour cream (and/or greek yogurt/mayo/cream cheese), Flavoring of choice (onions/spinach/bacon/fresh herbs), Salt, Vinegar (or lemon juice), veggies or chips for dipping
- Friday, June 19 at 4 pm- PARTY NUTS Ingredients: Raw nuts of choice (not pre-roasted), sweetener (maple syrup/honey/sugar), butter (or oil), salt, flavorings of choice (rosemary/cinnamon/cayenne/paprika/cayenne)
- Friday, June 26 at 4 pm - POPCORN Ingredients: oil for cooking (olive oil/canola), popcorn kernels, flavoring of choice (butter/cinnamon/pepper/truffle salt/cayenne), optional mix-in (chocolate chips/m&m's/trail mix)
June 15: 50+ Baking Club
Troy Recreation invites you to roll up your sleeves and bake some simple, delicious recipes in your home kitchen! Make sure you have the ingredients on hand for the secret surprise recipe. For questions about substitutions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up below, and we will email you the access details for the video conferencing meeting the day before each event. There will also be an option to call in.
- Monday, June 15 at 1 pm - Ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, sour cream (OR yogurt), egg, any dried fruit (and/or chocolate/nuts)
- Monday, June 22 at 1 pm - Ingredients: rolled oats, nut butter, honey (or maple syrup), any dried fruit (and/or chocolate/nuts)
- Monday, June 29 at 1 pm - Ingredients: butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, fresh or frozen berries (or stone fruit or apples)
Well-Being Calls for Adults & Seniors
The pandemic can leave many feeling isolated. We're here to help. Volunteers or staff can make a reassurance call to seniors or people with disabilities who may not have much contact with others. If you would like someone to call you to check in, please enter your information below. Must be a Troy resident. Free! Sign up now.
Letters of Love to Troy Seniors
We need your help: Submit a scanned letter or drawing of encouragement to a senior member of the Troy community! We’ll get them posted online to safely share with our seniors. Your messages will help our seniors feel connected to the community during this time of physical isolation.
- Letters must be legible (large print) and handwritten.
- Do not include any personal details such as contact information.
- Avoid religion. Please refrain from including anything religious in your letters.
- Exclude the date (day, month, and year).
- Be kind and thoughtful. Tell a joke and let them know they are loved.
COMING SOON: Camps
We're still cooking some things up. Check back after Memorial Day for details on virtual camps!
COMING SOON: Art Classes
We're still figuring out the details. Check back soon!