We provide quality recreational opportunities for community members with disabilities. This specialized programming offers those with physical, cognitive, developmental, or other acquired disabilities the chance to fully participate in their community, with focus on health, wellness, and recreation for all. We provide programs for all ages and are always evaluating what the community is looking for.
New to our Program?
Thank you for your interest in learning more! Each season we offer a variety of programs geared towards members in our community with disabilities. You do not need to be a resident of Troy to participate—we have participants from many surrounding cities and counties.
Want to stay up to date on all upcoming programs? Here's where you can see what's new:
- The Adaptive Connection Enewsletter: Sent on the last Wednesday of the month, we send out the latest news, notes, and updates on all things Adaptive. Sign up here or see past editions here.
- The Adaptive Calendar: See what's coming up on the online calendar or download our visual calendar for September 2022.
- Troy Recreation Guide: All upcoming Adaptive programs are listed each season in the Troy Recreation Guide! Guides are mailed to residents and available for pick up while supplies last at Troy Community Center. See the current guide here.
Starting September 2022, cash at the door will no longer be accepted at Friday Frolic Dances. Pre-registration (in person or online) or a Friday Frolic Punch Card will be the only form of payment accepted. In order to register in person or online, you must have a household account. If you do not have a household account, create one here. Using your household account, use Act #7375 to register for any of our upcoming Friday Frolic dances. The Friday Frolic Punch Card option is also available to purchase in person only at Troy Community Center’s Front Desk. The Friday Frolic Punch Card costs $36, is good for 6 admissions, and can only be used for Friday Frolic Dances. Those who have purchased a Punch Card DO NOT have to pre-register for Friday Frolic Dances but must show their Punch Card at the door.
Register for Programs
All Adaptive programs require individual registration. If you are new to Troy, learn how to create your household on the Welcome page. See our Accessibility page for information on ADA Accommodations.
Fall 2022 Programs:
- Daytime Friendship Club (ACT #7310)
- Monday Mingle (ACT #7376)
- Friday Frolic Dances (ACT #7375)
- *Please see Program Announcements above regarding the Friday Frolic Cash Policy.*
- Bowling (Act #7327)
- Field trips: Troy Daze & Upland Hills Farm (ACT #7373)
- POUND Rockout Workout (ACT #7325)
- Halloween Party (ACT #7377)
This season we will also be hosting Virtual Office Hours. On Thursday 9/8, and Monday 11/7, drop by our Zoom Room to say hello to our Adaptive Supervisors, receive updates on the programs, provide feedback, and ask any questions you may have. Click into the meeting anytime between 11am--12pm. There is no registration or fee required. You can join by CLICKING HERE.Community Partners
We are interested in making connections in our community! If you are a business, non-profit, therapy clinic, or anyone else with an interest in Adaptive programming, please reach out. We would love to see how we might work together to support those with disabilities in our community and spread the word for programs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to connect!