We provide quality recreational opportunities for community members with disabilities. This specialized programming offers those with physical, cognitive, developmental, or other acquired disabilities the chance to fully participate in their community, with focus on health, wellness, and recreation for all. We provide programs for all ages and are always evaluating what the community is looking for.
New to our Program?
Thank you for your interest in learning more! Each season we offer a variety of programs geared towards members in our community with disabilities. You do not need to be a resident of Troy to participate—we have participants from many surrounding cities and counties.
Want to stay up to date on all upcoming programs? Here's where you can see what's new:
- The Adaptive Connection E-Newsletter: Sent on the last Wednesday of the month, we send out the latest news, notes, and updates on all things Adaptive. Sign up here or see past editions here.
- The Adaptive Calendar: See what's coming up on the online calendar or download our visual calendar for February 2024.
- Troy Recreation Guide: All upcoming Adaptive programs are listed each season in the Troy Recreation Guide! Guides are mailed to residents and available for pick up while supplies last at Troy Community Center. See the current guide here.
All Adaptive programs require individual registration. If you are new to Troy, learn how to create your household on the Welcome page. See our Accessibility page for information on ADA Accommodations.
Registration happens seasonally: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and class dates open up based around our department registration dates.
Registration Dates for 2024 are as follows:
- SPRING: 2/20 (residents); 2/22 (non-residents)
- SUMMER: 5/14 (residents); 5/16 (non-residents)
- FALL: 8/13 (residents); 8/15 (non-residents)
- WINTER: 11/12 (residents); 11/14 (non-residents)
Notifications on when the next season’s guide is available as well as registration dates go out in the following ways:
- Adaptive Connection E-Newsletter
- Troy Recreation General E-Newsletter
- Troy Recreation Fifty Forward E-newsletter
- Shared on our social medias (Facebook, Instagram) Search: Troy Parks & Recreation
- Shared on our Rec website homepage and Calendar Page
- Printed on the back of the monthly calendars that come home from Friendship Club with important info and upcoming dates.
- Email/Text alerts (Recreation Alerts)
We are interested in making connections in our community! If you are a business, non-profit, therapy clinic, or anyone else with an interest in Adaptive programming, please reach out. We would love to see how we might work together to support those with disabilities in our community and spread the word for programs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to connect!