Open May 5–October 13, 2023
Whether you're experienced or a beginner, expand your garden skills at our Community Gardens! Garden plots are available at the Troy Farm at Beach Road and South Blvd. Limit one per household. Tilling and water access are included. No refunds after May 5.
RETURNING GARDENERS: Registration will open at 8 am on Tuesday, February 28 for residents and Thursday, March 2 for non-residents.
NEW GARDENERS: Limited spots available March 28 for residents and March 30 for non-residents.
|Act #||Type||Approximate Size||Fee|
|8008-A2||Ground||18'x18'||$99 Res/$119 NR|
|8008-B2||Raised||4'x12'||$99 Res/$119 NR|
Frequently Asked Questions
2023 COMMUNITY GARDEN
RULES AND REGULATIONS
All gardeners agree to these rules and regulations upon registration. These are designed to protect both individuals and City property. Troy Farm Park is governed by Park Ordinance.
- Cars shall remain in designated parking areas at all times. DO NOT park on the grass. Cars not displaying the appropriate signs for Handicap Parking may be ticketed.
- The gate must be closed at all times to prevent wildlife entry and LOCKED when you leave if no one else is present.
- Fencing around individual garden plots is NOT allowed.
- Water use is on a first come-first use basis and limited to one hour per plot.
- Two sheds are available for storage. The City is not responsible for personal items stored in the sheds. Flammable liquids are not allowed.
- Gardeners must use only the plot assigned to them. Plots MAY NOT be expanded beyond established limits. DO NOT allow your plants to grow into neighboring plots. Leave a one-foot walkway around the edges of your plot within your allotted space.
- Gardeners must weed right up to the edge of their plot, including the above-mentioned walkway, so that weeds do not grow or go to seed. If you must abandon your garden, notify staff so that neighboring gardeners can be given the opportunity to remove the weeds if they desire. If weeds are not kept under control, your garden, after one warning, may be mowed down to prevent the weeds from going to seed.
- Do not leave litter. Gardeners must remove all debris from the site or place in trash cans. Do not throw rocks, weeds, etc. into the pathway. Do not put rocks and sod in the trash cans. Place sod in the compost bin at the south end of the gardens and rocks beside the compost bin.
- If your garden plot is not in use by June 9, it will be reassigned.
- Gardeners must not abuse the gardens of others. Do not walk on or drag the hose over another's garden. Do not pick anything from another person's garden.
- Garden plots are limited to one per household.
- Pets are not allowed inside garden area.
- October 13 Clean Up Deadline: Harvesting must be completed and plots must be cleared of all materials (all plant material, stakes, cages, twine, wire, hoses, sprinklers, landscaping fabric, newspaper, plastic, etc.). Cover crops are not permitted.
- Abuse of these rules or Park Ordinances may lead to denial of garden plot privileges.
We ask that all gardeners follow basic COVID-19 precautions. While staff does make routine checks at the garden, it is not staffed at all times, so it is up to each of you to keep yourselves and others safe.
- Stay home when you are sick or have been exposed to the virus,
- Bring hand sanitizer and use it before and after visiting,
- Stay 6 feet apart from those outside your household at all times,
- Bring a mask with you to put on when you encounter people who may get closer than 6 feet.
Limited spots available March 28 for residents and March 30 for non-residents.
As long as you register by March 24, returning gardeners will be placed in same spot by default unless you request a change in writing during registration. Registration opens to new gardeners on March 28.
We always have priority registration for returning gardeners. There is no way to ensure a spot for you. It is first come, first served for new gardeners starting March 28 for residents and March 30 for non-residents. We recommend making sure you have a household account set up on our registration system, then login and register online for any available spots starting at 8 am on your registration day. If all spots are full, add yourself to the wait list. We fill from wait list based on order of sign up.